To improve your browser security, you can:
- use a private browser window;
- periodically delete your browser cache and cookies;
- use a VPN with an encrypted and anonymized connection, like BTGuard;
- avoid sites that look full of junk, or that are poorly made or maintained;
- and check that you trust documents, links, and the person or place where you got them before you click on or download them.
This is of course not an exhaustive list. Check out more authoritative sources like the University of Washington’s memo on web browsing best practices.